I had a great question last Friday… How would you review a housekeeping operation?
Here are some of the steps I said would be important in reviewing their existing housekeeping operations or developing new outsourcing initiatives.
Two key phases of review include:
- Interviews with administration/housekeeping/staff
- Facility inspection
- FTE analysis
- Existing support contracts
- Departmental policies & procedures
- Review of housekeeping requirements
- Budget review
- Review of supplies & equipment
- Physical auditing process
- FTE determination
- Training requirements
- Contractor performance expectations
- Quantifiable & measurable performance requirements
- Quality control processes
- Selection of qualified contractors and contract type
- Work loading
These are first steps, and make a great start. Contact me if you want to discuss this further.